Monday, May 11, 2015

Coconut Tapioca

I have always enjoyed tapioca, but I usually ate it out of a plastic container labeled "Jell-O." Dorie Greenspan's Baking Chez Moi includes a recipe for Coconut Tapioca, which I made because it was an assignment for Tuesdays with Dorie.



There aren't many ingredients to this recipe, but I had a hard time finding the key ingredient: large tapioca pearls. I ended up using small tapioca pearls, instead.

To the tapioca pearls, coconut milk, whole milk, and sugar were added.  This mixture was reduced until it reached a yogurt-like texture.

I had used a vanilla bean earlier, so I decided to re-purpose it for this recipe.

Admittedly, I was not a huge fan of this recipe after the initial bite. After eating 3 or 4 more spoonfuls, the flavor seemed to get better. I think if I make this again I would add a bit more sugar.


Coconut Tapioca recipe on page 382 of Baking Chez Moi.

1 comment: