Saturday, February 21, 2015

Desert Roses or Roses des Sables

Desert Roses or Roses des Sables are what I think the easiest things to make in Baking Chez Mois, and it tastes delicious, too! This recipe is basically melted chocolate poured over cornflakes. I didn't follow Dorie's recipe, at least by not adding dried fruits and nuts, and kept it very simple. This recipe is what she described the Rice Krispies treats of Paris; in fact, the recipe is included on the cornflakes boxes in France!
The ingredients are simple enough, at least for my version. I only used cornflakes, chocolate, butter, and fleur de sel.

 First thing was melting the butter and chocolate.

Then I poured it over the cornflakes.

 The hardest part was coating each flake without turning everything into crumbs.

I spooned globs of chocolatey cereal into cupcake liners, sprinkled fleur de sel on top, and put them in the fridge for a few hours to set.


When the chocolate hardened, they turned out to be delicious works of art, and some of them actually looked like roses! They aren't the most photogenic things, so you have to take my word for it.



Desert Roses recipe on page 391 of Baking Chez Moi.

No comments:

Post a Comment