Sunday, March 15, 2015

Lemon Madeleines

Another first, thanks to Dorie. This time it was making Madeleines.  I had seen these in Parisian stores, but I didn't think of buying them because I was too busy looking for macarons. These little cakes are pretty good; they were soft, moist, and lemony.


I enjoy Dorie's tip of rubbing the lemon zest with sugar. It smells great! ...like lemon Pledge!

Meanwhile, I melted some butter.

The eggs and lemon-sugar were whisked until they were whisked until they were pale and thick. I then added honey and vanilla.

 Then I folded in the melted butter.

And finally I added milk.

I filled my Madeleine pan and these little cakes came out!




Lemon Madeleines recipe on page 212 of Baking Chez Moi.

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful! Funny that you're so happy about the lemon pledge scent :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved these cakes and it looks like you did too. Yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty cakes and nice process photos!

    ReplyDelete