Monday, March 30, 2015

Lemon Meringue Tart A New Way


I had just ordered a blowtorch and really wanted to try it out. I thought a lemon meringue pie would be the perfect recipe to use it on. Luckily, there is a recipe in Baking Chez Moi that had exactly what I was looking for!

There wasn't much to the filling: sugar, corn starch, lemon juice, lemon zest, egg yolks and milk. Mix everything together, bring it to a boil, and then pop it into the fridge! Easy peasy!

Combining sugar to the corn starch/lemon juice mixture.

Adding egg yolks, one at a time.

Adding milk.

Adding the lemon zest.

Cook the mixture until the whisk leaves tracks, then pop it in the fridge.

Once again, I used Dorie's recipe for Sweet Tart Dough.

Dorie mentioned that she originally received the recipe with instructions to use an Italian meringue. I noticed that in her instructions, she uses a French meringue. I stuck with the original and made an Italian meringue.

Then I fired up that meringue. It was definitely the most fun part of the entire process!


This recipe is definitely a keeper! It was nice and light, and not too sweet or tart! It had a really good balance to it.


Lemon Meringue Tart A New Way recipe on page 182 of Baking Chez Moi.

No comments:

Post a Comment